SCO Xenix tar reading SUN tapes

Bill Campbell campbell at Thalatta.COM
Sat Jun 30 00:42:34 AEST 1990

In article <87 at joymrmn.UUCP> root at joymrmn.UUCP (Marcel D. Mongeon) writes:
:I have a number of 60MB tapes which were written on a SUN. (I have
:no idea which one).  They were written in tar format.  When I use
:tar under Xenix 386, they come up as unreadable.
:
:Any help would be appreciated.
:
:--
:|||  Marcel D. Mongeon
:|||  e-mail:    ... (uunet, maccs)!joymrmn!root  or
:|||                                joymrmn!marcelm

You probably need to specify the full device as:
	tar -xvf /dev/rct0 ...

The device /dev/erct0 is error correcting and will not read tapes
created without the error correcting information.
--
....microsoft--\                    Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
...uw-entropy----!thebes!camco!bill 6641 East Mercer Way