Problems with SCO Unix/Xenix

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.uucp
Mon Jun 11 05:58:04 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun9.135124.16301 at bbt.se> pgd at bbt.se (P.Garbha) writes:
>This only makes me wonder what kind of programmers SCO are keeping.
>Obviosly they cannot produce working code, and in addition manages to
>screw up those programs which happend to be working before they got
>their hands on them.

Obviously, you have little or no experience in producing large
software systems :-) :-/. I would leave that as enough said, since
those who have had such experience would understand the one liner.
However, for you I will elaborate:  Since your kernel came up and
you created users and loged on, a great deal must be right.  In fact,
the w and uptime programs are minor, minor problems compared with
those persisting with many other systems in the world, from UNIX 386
implementations to multi-million dollar systems.

As for fsck, bleat all you want, but you can get around the rare root
partition fsck wont handle at startup by answering the
  Root file system [has problems] fix?
with no.  Go to single user state. Do a fsck -rr /dev/root
and it will do the work.  You may or may not have to reboot
when fsck terminates.

Conversation appreciated, flame > /dev/null.

Warren Tucker, TuckerWare    gatech!n4hgf!wht or wht%n4hgf at gatech.edu
Any perceptible delay will eventually get on your nerves. --Bob Hyers