Problems with SCO Unix/Xenix

P.Garbha pgd at bbt.se
Sat Jun 9 23:51:24 AEST 1990

In article <4664 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz> s892024 at minyos.xx.rmit.oz (Richard Muirden) writes:
>In article <300007 at hpspcoi.HP.COM>, darko at hpspcoi.HP.COM (David Arko) writes:
>>
>> Yes, It does seem that SCO Unix 3.2.0 has a bug with 'w' and 'uptime'.
>> Maybe it will be fixed in 3.2.2
>
>And under Xenix 286 2.3.2 "w" used to give me a seek error but uptime
>worked just fine. I have yet to test this under the new version of
>Xenix I have for the 386 (2.3.2).

And under Xenix 386 2.3.1 "ps" used to give me seek error (until i
made a binary patch to the program), but "w" and "uptime" works
allright. Another case is fsck, which just silently dies when trying
to check my system disk. No error message, no nothing.

This only makes me wonder what kind of programmers SCO are keeping.
Obviosly they cannot produce working code, and in addition manages to
screw up those programs which happend to be working before they got
their hands on them.