Trouble with Xenix rmail.

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM
Thu Jun 7 03:29:56 AEST 1990

ronald at robobar.co.uk (Ronald S H Khoo) writes:
>chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
>> [about smail understanding execmail flags]
>Can you enumerate these flags ?  I found -f, and hacked around that one,
>are there others ?

    usage: execmail [-mnr] [-f from] [-h hopcount] user ...

As a matter of course, it appears that SCO's mail runs it as:

    execmail -f from user ...	(with an argv[0] of "..execmail")

I provided support for all the flags (although in some cases that support
is merely ignoring a flag without choking) so that hopefully other stuff
which interfaces with execmail will continue to work with smail hiding
there instead.  For example, it's possible that Micnet or some third party
stuff (e.g. SMTP) tries to use the other flags.

>> You can get the other Chip's patches from a comp.sources.misc archive,
>> and the other other Chip's patches by sending me email. :-)
>Urk, are there _three_ of you ? I count you and tct!chip .. who's the third?

No, there are only two of us.  We just post a lot.

--
Chip Rosenthal                            |  You aren't some icon carved out
chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM                  |  of soap, sent down here to clean