Trouble with Xenix rmail.

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Sun Jun 3 12:00:23 AEST 1990

In article <422 at oha.UUCP> tony at oha.UUCP (Tony Olekshy) writes:
> My mail feed from alberta will send a message to two recepients at the same
> address with a uux request to "rmail user1 user2".  The sender receives the
> following back from our machine:
>
> 	remote execution	[uucp job albertaAAaa3 (5/26-12:59:50)]
> 		rmail tony al
> 	exited with status 1
>
> 		===== stderr was =====
> 	Usage: rmail username
>
> Does anyone know if the Xenix rmail just incapable of this, or am I doing
> something wrong?  System is Xenix 2.3.1.

I'm not sure about your system and that version of xenix, but there *are* some
rmail programs out there (the older ones) that simply expect a single address
on the command line; no more; no less.  I would suggest verifying with SCO
whether they are indeed shipping an old version of rmail with 2.3.1 and, if so
(i would be suprised), upgrade to a newer package or install some public domain
mailer replacement.  the smail2.5 worked quite nicely on my xenix system (with
the xenix mods, of course).

derek
--
Derek Terveer		det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG