Trouble with Xenix rmail.

Steve Bogner steveb at aos.UUCP
Sat Jun 2 00:39:09 AEST 1990

In article <422 at oha.UUCP>, tony at oha.UUCP (Tony Olekshy) writes:
> My mail feed from alberta will send a message to two recepients at the same
> address with a uux request to "rmail user1 user2".  The sender receives the
> following back from our machine:
>
> 	remote execution	[uucp job albertaAAaa3 (5/26-12:59:50)]
> 		rmail tony al
> 	exited with status 1
>
> 		===== stderr was =====
> 	Usage: rmail username
>
> Does anyone know if the Xenix rmail just incapable of this, or am I doing
> something wrong?  System is Xenix 2.3.1.

Xenix rmail can't handle multiple recipients.  The site which feeds
you needs to take the "m" out of the Flags part of their uucp mailer
specification.  This prevents their site from putting multiple
recipients in the rmail line.  The bad part of this is that you get a
separate message for each user, which increases the connect time.