DOS <-- LAN --> Xenix

Bill Campbell campbell at Thalatta.COM
Thu Jun 7 00:11:41 AEST 1990

In article <78 at joymrmn.UUCP> root at joymrmn.UUCP (Marcel D. Mongeon) writes:
>In article <15030015 at hpfijdw.HP.COM> jdw at hpfijdw.HP.COM (Jeff Wood) writes:
>>
>>My question is with respect to connectivity between my Xenix based
>>machine and the DOS machine.  The best solution I see is to connect
>>them via LAN and have the DOS machine access a U: drive that points
>>directly to the Xenix file system on the other machine.  Is this at
>>all possible???

A couple of years ago I saw a demonstration of a program from
Touchstone software, I believe the name was UnixHost that
provided many of the features of a LAN using serial lines rather
than LAN cards.  One of the features I remember included print
spooling on the UNIX/Xenix host.  I have a copy of this for the
Tandy 6000 that I have never installed that I picked up for
$50.00 at a Radio Shack Tent Sale.

Does anybody have any experience with the Touchstone product?
--
....microsoft--\                    Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
...uw-entropy----!thebes!camco!bill 6641 East Mercer Way