DOS <-- LAN --> Xenix

Rick McCalla rick at comspec.uucp
Fri Jun 8 22:10:56 AEST 1990

In <15030015 at hpfijdw.HP.COM> jdw at hpfijdw.HP.COM (Jeff Wood) writes:

>I think I am going to give up on VP/ix for accessing devices through
>internal ports.  I am thinking about buying a cheap 286 machine to
>strictly run DOS applications.

>My question is with respect to connectivity between my Xenix based
>machine and the DOS machine.  The best solution I see is to connect
>them via LAN and have the DOS machine access a U: drive that points
>directly to the Xenix file system on the other machine.  Is this at
>all possible???

jeff - yes this is possible and there are several products that will do
it for you.

For serial port connections look at Ice 10 or Rapport

For ethernet connection look at Powerlan or CoCoNet

--
Comspec Communications Inc.  | Rick McCalla  ----- rick at comspec.UUCP
Toronto, Ontario  Canada     |----------------------------------