ESIX vs. SCO Xenix

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Sun Mar 18 06:36:01 AEST 1990

brad at bradf.UUCP (Bradley W. Fisher) writes:
>Now , I haven't seen ESIX yet, but I have seen Everex labeled tape systems
>that are really Wangtek (does Everex really make anything of their own?)
>and I'm wondering if their port of UNIX (and the tape driver code) is as
>slow in the backup department. Perhaps someone can shed some light (figures?)
>on this?

If I hang a tape drive off my *nix system, it will be an Archive, not an
Everex.  What makes ESIX more attractive to me is the availability of NFS and
yellow pages NOW, now in blah blah date which SCO promises.  I'm looking at
SCO with more scrutiny than Stallman with GNU.  Alright SCO, where's the
damned NFS for Unix?

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | My opinions are exactly that,
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | mine.  Bill Gates couldn't buy
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | it, but he could rent it.  :)
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hd-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca