computone

Tim Brown tim at comcon.UUCP
Thu Mar 29 03:57:46 AEST 1990

In article <2326 at promark.UUCP>, mark at promark.UUCP (Mark J. DeFilippis) writes:

> Also, that Consensys board which is polled as opposed to interrupt driven,
> anyone tried out that board?  It has been around for a while now, there
> must be some guinea pigs out there with some performance reports.

Guinea pig is right!  I have been using the consensys board for about a
year now in two different systems.  Ths older ones were better than the
one they offer now.  After tech support and such I finally got the old
ones working, wish I could say the same for the new ones.  They do most
things well and I really like the multiple sessions but they fall down on
telecomunications.  I have to implement hardware handshaking and run at
max speed of 2400 baud or uucp throws up errors.

I have been waiting to post this untill thier tech support got back to me
but alas, no call.  I was told by a very rude individual there to put my
problems in writing or put up!  I finally convinced him to give me a
usenet address and an individual to respond to  and I wrote a lengthy
discription of the problem.  I heard nothing.  There tech support used to
be good, don't know what happened to them.

They have always had a problem  with modem communications in my view and
shouldn't be used for that application.  The first time I purchased  one
of these boards it took months to get it worked out, guess I am out of
patience.

Tim Brown                                          |
Computer Connection                                |
uunet!iuvax.cs.indiana.edu!ndmath!nstar!comcon!tim |