computone

Michael R. Johnston mikej at lilink.com
Fri Mar 30 04:40:18 AEST 1990

In article <2326 at promark.UUCP> mark at promark.UUCP (Mark J. DeFilippis) writes:
>1. uugetty has problems with re-initializing a port that is used as an
>   in-out port after you make a call out with cu.  Last time I spoke with
>   Tech Support they blamed it on SCO.

This is FIXED if you get prom rev 3.14 and ask them for the driver version
3.54. We are were a beta site for that driver and I can honestly say that
it cured ALL the problems ESPECIALLY the hangup problem.

>2. The boards get "confused" at times, requiring a re-boot.  It happens on
>   every system we have them in, and it don't matter if they have 2.45 proms
>   with older drivers, or 3.00 proms with 2.28 or whatever drivers, or
>   3.14 proms with 2.35 drivers.  From Day one, they have both of these
>   problems.

Again, try the new proms and drivers. You may be surprised. It is my
understanding that they sent their device driver guru down to SCO to
learn how to write one properly for Xenix. Since then they've released the
new drivers and my problems have been solved.
Michael R. Johnston                   mikej at lilink.com
Lilink Communications                 rutgers!lilink!mikej
"Affordable Unix Solutions"           (516) 285-4148