SCO stopping enhancements for Xenix?

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Tue Mar 6 11:47:59 AEST 1990

In article <1731 at lakesys.lakesys.com> davef at lakesys.UUCP (Dave Fenske) writes:
| I have yet to hear (see) anyone talk about the newest kid on the block....Intel.

  As I recall Intel bought Bell Technologies and that's where their UNIX
comes from. Not remotely a new kid on the block.

| Intel is now pushing their own version of Unix for the 386 environment, and
| from what I hear may be the first company out with SVR4 for the 386.

  That may well be. SCO told me on the phone that they have no intension
of selling V.4, and will wait for V.4.1. I talked to ISC, but they asked
my not to quote them on their plans. I have heard that Intel hopes to
get V.4 out by April, but I got nothing but transfers when I called.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX