Shell Script question

Michael Coffey mcoffey at mcoffey.aix.kingston.ibm.com
Wed Mar 21 05:52:40 AEST 1990

I am using XENIX 2.3.1 on an AT clone. I like using the c-shell, and most
of my shell scripts are written for it. I have a bourne shell script that I
would like to use but don't have time to convert it to C-Shell. I thought
having line 1 of the script something like #!/bin/sh
would cause the bourne shell to be used. The script only works if I issue
sh script however. Also if I am in bourne shell I have to enter
csh script to run my C-Shell scripts, even though line one of the scripts
is #!/bin/csh . On my AIX systems at work the shells execute whatever
program is specified in line 1 of the script (#!/bin/sh, #!/bin/awk, etc).
Is this a known problem/feature of XENIX?
Thanks,
...Mike

Michael K. Coffey ------ (mcoffey at mcoffey.aix.kingston.ibm.com) --------------
 ..UUnet!ibmps2!aix!mcoffey | For God so loved the world that he gave his one
AIX Kernel I/O Development  | and only son, that whoever believes in him shall
IBM Kingston, NY            | not perish but have eternal life.  - John 3:16 -