Perstor Disk Drive Controllers

Erik Ohrnberger ohrnb at edstip.EDS.COM
Fri Mar 9 05:44:14 AEST 1990

Does anyone have any experience with a Perstore disk controller
cards?

As I understand it, Perstor has developed a method to greatly decrease
the diskspace that is needed for each byte of information, thusly
increasing the density, with a matching increase in throughput.

What sort of controller card does it look like to the host CPU? Or
does it matter?  I know that other MFM controllers usually top out
5.0 Mb/sec, ESDI usually delivers 10-15Mb/sec, and SCSI between
7-15 Mb/sec.  How does Perstor achieve 9 MB/sec?  and how reliable are
the units? (how long do they last? MTBF)  Are they compatible with Xenix?

	Any information would be greatly appreciated,
			Erik.

--
Erik Ohrnberger        Work: uunet!edsews!edstip!ohrnb
2620 Woodchase Court   Home: sharkey.mi.org!nucleus!echocen!erik (preferred)