doscp problem

Terry Lyons terry at pride386.UUCP
Thu Mar 22 17:26:59 AEST 1990

In article <459 at memqa.uucp>, qexal31 at memqa.uucp writes:

> from the DOS partition using doscp. Here is the command I use:
>              doscp c:clips/exe/*.* *.*
> I would think this command would copy all files in the exe directory to the
> current Xenix directory, but I get an error message like: can't find *.*

nope... wild cards are a no-no

was a long time ago ( don't use DOS much )

dosdir c:/clips/exe | awk ' /exe/ { print " doscp
c:/clips/exe/",$1,".",$2," ." } ' | sh

I think this will work if it doesn't change | sh to foo ; sh foo

that should do it, if you find you do this a lot type the command
into a file and just change the file information as needed
 hope this helps!
terry