Colorado Memory Systems Tapes from boot floppies

Brad Morrison morrison at ficc.uu.net
Wed Mar 28 00:56:06 AEST 1990

In article <3569 at thebes.Thalatta.COM> campbell at Thalatta.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:
>When I try the command ``tar -tvf /dev/rmt0'' I get the message
>from tar that it cannot open /dev/rmt0.  Has anyone made this work?

Is /dev/rmt0 really out there?  Although you linked in the drivers for
the tape drive, you need the device.  You can hack your diskettes, but
you may want to change your boot-diskette-building scripts to always
mknod /dev/rmt0, or perhaps copy it from your winchester's dev directory.
--
Brad Morrison                (713) 274-5449 |   "OK.  Come back tomorrow.
Ferranti International Controls Corporation |    Bring two apples and