Colorado Memory Systems Tapes from boot floppies

Phil Eschallier phil at lgnp1.LS.COM
Thu Mar 29 02:04:48 AEST 1990

In article <3569 at thebes.Thalatta.COM> campbell at Thalatta.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:
>I have been unable to access the CMS ``Jumbo'' tape drive from bootable
>floppies on Xenix 2.3.3.  Yes, I did make the boot floppies after
>installing the jtape drivers.
>
>When I try the command ``tar -tvf /dev/rmt0'' I get the message
>from tar that it cannot open /dev/rmt0.  Has anyone made this work?

	try looking in your /dev directory (on you hard disk) for the
	device numbers (maj and min) for rmt0 then mknod that device on
	your bootable floppy.

	all should work then.

	phil eschallier