An Editor for SCO Xenix 2.3.2

News Admin roy at comcon.UUCP
Mon Mar 12 18:13:02 AEST 1990

In article <90 at tygra.UUCP>, cat at tygra.UUCP (John Palmer) writes:

> I'm running a computer conferencing system here and am in need of
> a version of vi for which the source is available. The problem with

I think you'd like Stevie. Version 3.69 was just posted to
comp.sources.misc.

I installed a restricted_user function in my copy, and use it on my bbs.
Under restricted mode, a user may not perform a shell escape, hand off
shell commands, change the name of the current file, edit an alternate
file, or read in a file from other than his home directory.

T'was easy... the mods took less than an hour.
--
_R_o_y _M_. _S_i_l_v_e_r_n_a_i_l  | UUCP: uunet!comcon!roy  |  "Every race must arrive at this
#include <opinions.h>;#define opinions MINE  |   point in its history"