problems with ungetty

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US
Sat Sep 1 05:55:14 AEST 1990

In article <111 at mnopltd.UUCP> gatech!stiatl!mnopltd!neal writes:

>->We are running XENIX System V and are having extensive problems with out
>->dial-in/dial-out port also.
>->We have a line in Devices that looks like:
>->ACU tty3A - 1200-2400 /usr/lib/uucp/dialHA24
>->- modem not returned to ATS0=1 (won't autoanswer)
>->- getty won't respond after connection
>
>I can only commiserate.

Make sure the tty is labelled a "dialup" in
/etc/ttytype.  When getty starts on a line with a tty
of type "dialup", it examines the Devices file to find
the dialer: if the dialer is a program, it runs it with
the -h switch before starting getty; if it is a Dialers
entry, say "hayes24", it runs the Dialers script,
prepending "&", which would be "&hayes24" in this
example.