restoring clobbered directory

SIARKIEWICZ at RADC-TOPS20.ARPA SIARKIEWICZ at RADC-TOPS20.ARPA
Tue Aug 30 04:56:35 AEST 1983

From:  Emilie Jones Siarkiewicz <SIARKIEWICZ at RADC-TOPS20.ARPA>

Last week I made a dump of one of our filesystems. This morning I
tried to restor the tape in order to retrieve some files that have
been changed since the dump.  restor gave me a "checksum error 42736".
ls -l shows that the directory has been zeroed out
(i.e., ---------- 0 root    0 Aug 29 14:03 /mnt/ejs) that I am
interested in.  I know that at least some of the files are there
because something is taking up a lot of space.  Is there any way
to get to the files and directories under /mnt/ejs?

emilie siarkiewicz
-------