Where's the (c)?

Rick Kiessig kiessig at idi.UUCP
Sun Apr 1 07:50:18 AEST 1984

	Actually, the Lyons books were published with very stiff
copyright/licensing restrictions.  The front of all of the books
say something like "This document may contain information covered
by one or more licenses, copyrights and non-disclosure agreements.
Circulation of this document is restricted to holders of a license
for the UNIX Software System from Western Electric.  All other
circulation or reproduction is prohibited."  I remember back when
they first came out we had to write to Lyons and ask special
permission to reproduce the documents - at that time (1977) what he
said was that we could make ONE copy only per original - and
we only one original.  Something tells me lots of people didn't
afford him that courtesy.

	So, no, just because someone published the source code
already doesn't mean you could type it in and resell it - that
publication is covered under license just like everything else.

--
Rick Kiessig
{decvax, ucbvax}!sun!idi!kiessig