PL/1 Compiler for UNIX

steve at hfhrv.UUCP steve at hfhrv.UUCP
Tue Apr 24 02:30:40 AEST 1984

Subject: PL/1 Compiler under UNIX
Newsgroups: net.wanted net.unix

	I have a problem I hope someone on the net can help me with.
I am in the process of moving several large systems from an IBM
environment to a UNIX environment.  Unfortunetly, or maybe fortunetly,
the systems are written in PL/1.  I'd like to bring those systems
into a UNIX environment (either 4.1, or ULTRIX, both on Vax's) without
any, or only minor, conversion.  I'm therefore wondering if anyone out
there knows of a PL/1 compiler that runs on UNIX.  If not, does anyone
have any PL/1 preprocessor code, or "C" macro code to convert PL/1 to "C"?
Please respond by mail (sb1!mb2c!hfhrv!steve).  I'll post any interesting
information I receive.

			Thanks in Advance,
			Steve Lund
			Henry Fford Hospital