News Software on the 11/23

John A. Limpert johnl at proper.UUCP
Fri Apr 13 14:15:59 AEST 1984

Sorry if you have seen this question 50,000 times.
I am attempting to install the B news software (2.10.1) on
a LSI-11/23 based Unix V7 system.  Everything compiled OK
once I removed all "void" declarations.  The code files
for such programs as readnews and inews are way too large
to run on a PDP-11 with common I & D space.  Does anyone
on the net have any suggestions on how to make the software
work in a limited address space?  I would like to avoid
spending alot of time rewriting the programs.  Yea, I know,
real Unix runs on Vaxen (sigh...).

John Limpert @ Proper Unix