new kids ask for help

ANNE at Etl-Ai.ARPA ANNE at Etl-Ai.ARPA
Thu Apr 12 01:49:43 AEST 1984

From:  Anne Werkheiser <ANNE at Etl-Ai.ARPA>

Hello, world!

     We are anne, bettie, bill, connie, dan, gene, george, john, kim,
mike, olin, and tice.  Together we are the (almost) brand new Center
for Artificial Intelligence at the (U.S. Army) Engineer Topographic
Laboratory.  Our site name is "etl-ai".

     Our development system is Unix simulated by Eunice running on top
of VMS.  It's pretty terrible.  I want to move to one of the native-
mode Unices, and in order to do that I have to write a justification
to my management.  A passing wizard told me that many years ago the
issue of Unix vs. VMS was fought out in Netland and Unix won.  Somewhere
all those messages must be sitting on an archive, with lots of good words
that I could use.  Does anyone know where they are, and how I could
find them?  I would also like to receive advice from Unix fans, gurus,
androids, cyborgs, and housecats.  I need all the help I can get.

Anne
--------arpanet:  anne at etl-ai
----------snail:  A
----------snail:  Anne Werkheiser