name=value or -n value?

John Quarterman jsq at ut-sally.UUCP
Mon Apr 9 03:29:22 AEST 1984

As to -option (or +option) being more common than >, <, or & in commands,

make >& errs &
(Bourne shell equivalent is "make >errs 2>&1 &")

is probably the most common command I type, with the possible
exception of

!!
(means replay last command to the Cshell)

so I'm not convinced.  Also, anything with more than one option per
command usually ends up in a makefile anyway, so where's the argument?

I'd kind of like to have a chording keyboard too:  it seems silly to
have to use two hands all the time.
--
John Quarterman, CS Dept., University of Texas, Austin, Texas
jsq at ut-sally.ARPA, jsq at ut-sally.UUCP, {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!jsq