Marketing Unix - (nf)

stevel at haddock.UUCP stevel at haddock.UUCP
Wed Jul 25 13:43:55 AEST 1984

#R:research:-103400:haddock:16700031:000:751
haddock!stevel    Jul 20 15:44:00 1984

>Also, in future, when Mr. Harris plays the Great Reconciler,
>will he please refrain from baiting USDL (? Unix System Development Lab ?)
>members?  They are certainly NOT -- what was the phrase? -- Berkeleyphobics.
>Au contrair, they generally seem capable of building on the best ideas
>for UNIX enhancements, whether originated at UCB or other universities,
>internal or external research labs, or even the occaisional original
>idea.

That explains system V.1 ar. And that wonderfull function left out
of strip, adjusting archive symbol tables. Don't tell me they
look carefully. Berkley got it right the first time, years ago.

Currently suffering from Bell Brain Damage.

Steve Ludlum, decvax!yale-co!ima!stevel, {amd70|ihnp4!cbosgd}!ima!stevel