DECUS session wanted

ALMQUIST at SU-SCORE.ARPA ALMQUIST at SU-SCORE.ARPA
Tue Mar 27 08:07:07 AEST 1984

From:  Philip Almquist <ALMQUIST at SU-SCORE.ARPA>

	Is there anyone out there who is going to the Cincinnatti
DECUS who would be both willing and able to give a session on VAX
hardware oriented towards systems programmers and system managers?
The purpose of such a session would be to enable people responsible
for the day-to-day operation of VAXen to deal intelligently with
hardware problems.

Examples of things the session might cover are:

 - What do the various kinds of machine checks mean?
 - How does one run basic processor/memory/channel/disk diagnostics?
 - On a not terribly technical level, what are the various major
   components of a VAX and how do they interact with each other?
 - My VAX seems ill.  How do I know if it is the hardware or the
   software which is acting up?
 - What are all the things one sees when one opens up the back of VAX
   cabinet?
 - How does one disable a bad but non-critical piece of the hardware
   (memory boards come to mind, but there may be other possibilities)?

						Philip
-------