VAX/UNIX and 6250 tape drives.

kermit%brl-vgr at sri-unix.UUCP kermit%brl-vgr at sri-unix.UUCP
Tue Mar 13 16:19:28 AEST 1984

From:      Chuck Kennedy <kermit at brl-vgr>

Systems Industries sells the very nice STC triple density
(800/1600/6250 bpi) tape drive units and formatter boxes.
You have your choice of a Unibus interface (which we have and
which works well) or an SBI interface (i.e., massbus adaptor,
which we also have).  They're hooked up to several of
our VAX-11/780s, all of which run 4.xBSD.

Of course, there plenty of other companies out there, AVIV,
EMULEX, DEC, etc., so look at them too.
			-Chuck Kennedy
			<kermit @ brl>