AT&T 3B-2's

Carl Lowenstein cdl at mplvax.UUCP
Mon Apr 8 10:17:07 AEST 1985

In article <490 at lll-crg.ARPA> brooks at lll-crg.ARPA (Eugene D. Brooks III) writes:
>>      We here at UCSD have recently received a  large  number
>> of  AT&T 3B-2's.  In their benevolent wisdom, AT&T chose not
>> to disclose anything about the assembly language  or  archi-
>> tecture of these machines.
>
>I love it!  The ultimate hint on the use of assembler as a programming lingo!

You misunderstand the situation.  The major purpose of this "gift" from
AT&T is to support the education of students in a computer internals course.
Presumably, a secondary purpose is to leave these same students with the
feeling "gee, AT&T sure makes neat computers."

--
	carl lowenstein		marine physical lab	u.c. san diego
	{ihnp4|decvax|akgua|dcdwest|ucbvax}	!sdcsvax!mplvax!cdl