thanx for termcap help

David Stone stoner at qumix.UUCP
Thu Apr 25 07:08:47 AEST 1985

Hello it's me again - I just want to thank everybody for the for the help
I received on TERMCAP entries.So many people responded that I can't list
everybody here. I tried to mail everybody a personal thanx that responded
but in case I missed anybody "THANX" it's nice to know such a resource is
available.

As an added note - many people said that using tset would clobber my termcap
entry and default back to /etc/termcap. One this I did notice is that if I
give a unique name to my entries (i.e instead of tvi950 I use tvi950-dave)
and then use tset -s I guess because it can't find that entry in the
/etc/termcap it sets the termcap to the one in my file so I don't see any
problem there (maybe I'm asking for trouble :-).

David A. Stone
Qume Corp.
San Jose,Calif

ps: sorry I didn't mention that I was using a VAX 11/750 running 4.2 BSD
    and csh I'll remember that this is important in the future.