Failure to execute 'csh'-commands from 'make'

Hokey hokey at plus5.UUCP
Sun Aug 11 14:32:09 AEST 1985

In article <275 at kitty.UUCP> peter at kitty.UUCP (Peter DaSilva) writes:
>> [ihnp4!plus5!hokey]
>> In article <5433 at fortune.UUCP> olson at fortune.UUCP (Dave olson) writes:
>> >If you have one of the 'augmented' versions of make, S3, S5, (not sure
>> >how many others...) try setting 'SHELL=/bin/csh'.
>>
>> This will, of course, render any bourne shell scripts inoperable, as *all*
>> shell scripts will be executed by csh.
>
>This is pure bs. If your login shell is csh, SHELL=/bin/csh. Csh knows about
>bourne shell scripts (that begin with anything but a #, or with #!/bin/sh),
>and calls the bourne shell to execute them.

Peter DaSilva, it has been a very long week.

The only reason I am not calling you a Liar is because I do not know about S3.

Sounds to me like you are talking about a 4BSD system.  I based my statements
on S5.

I hereby apologize for this outburst.
--
Hokey           ..ihnp4!plus5!hokey