Failure to execute 'csh'-commands from 'make'

brown at nicmad.UUCP brown at nicmad.UUCP
Wed Aug 7 01:57:08 AEST 1985

In article <5433 at fortune.UUCP> olson at fortune.UUCP (Dave olson) writes:
>If you have one of the 'augmented' versions of make, S3, S5, (not sure
>how many others...) try setting 'SHELL=/bin/csh'.  make will then run
>csh instead of sh (of course, this will slow things down quite a bit
>if you have a large .cshrc file not bracketed by if($?prompt), and
>you have very many shell commands in your makefile).
>
>make will also recognize 'PATH=...' as a special variable.  Both
>SHELL= and PATH= are exported into the environment for all programs
>that make starts.

Ok, my Makefile has SHELL=/bin/sh, but it still won't run the simple
shell command    if test .....

Any ideas on why not or how to make it so that it can?
--
              | |-------| o|   HRD725U & PV9600
Mr. Video     | |AV-2010| o|   |--------------|
              |------------| VHS Hi-Fi (the only way to go)
   {seismo!uwvax!|!decvax|!ihnp4}!nicmad!brown