Xinu anyone?

R.Thomas rbt at sftig.UUCP
Fri Aug 2 06:08:48 AEST 1985

> PH might now have a Xinu-only tape without the development tools for which they
> do not require a license, but, in the past, they did have the tape we ordered
> from them, and they did require proof of a Unix license.
> --
>
> Kurt Haserodt				..!ihnp4!wucs!kurt
> Box 1045 Washington University		(314)-889-6160
> St. Louis, MO 63130   USA

I just got thru taking an 'Operating Systems Design' course given at Bell
Labs by Comer, and I asked him if there was a sanitized version of the tape
available.  He said 'No.' and implied that there were no plans to produce
one.  On the other hand, he said that you could write to him and ask for a
special tape if you wanted something other than the Prentice-Hall version.
I got he impression that he intended that to mean the i8086 or M68K versions,
not a sanitized LSI11 version, but maybe if enough of us write and ask, he
will get the message.  He is a nice friendly person and a good teacher, so
be nice to him.  Don't flame.  OK?

Enjoy!
Rick Thomas
ihnp4!attunix!rbt