more on file \"attributes\"

Lars Hammarstrand lasse at daab.UUCP
Tue Aug 20 03:39:57 AEST 1985

>	.	.
>option - as normally distributed, all the functions like socket(), connect(),
>etc. return an error (Unimplemented system call or something like that).
>Oh, and some of the TCP/IP socket function interfaces are slightly different
>than 4.2 (I can't recall the specifics right now)

??ehy, On what machine are you running ????, I'm just going to Germany to
look at 2 machines running B-net programs on a Cromemco, rcp rstat .. you now!.

>Oh, it DOES have C-shell.  However, the kernal does NOT recognize "#!",
>which limits the usefulness of csh scripts.

True, but not the whole true, it starts up the 'sh' as son as it finds a
"#" in the beginning of a [*]shell script. And it does got a Tcsh too
(if you have got a source licence of the csh)

BTW: is it realy the kernel who recognize the "#!" sequence?,(just wondered!)

>I would rather have berkeley 4.2, but we really need shared memory.
>
>John Nelson (a UniPlus+ System V user)

Ok, I believe you, and I don't want to start a war between diffrent UNIX
systems, because in the bottom they are all *UNIX* systems, I just wanted
so say that System V is not so bad as many people told me 2 years ago.

	Lars Hammarstrand.
	Datorisering AB, Stockholm, SWEDEN.

	UUCP:	{seismo,decvax,philabs}!{mcvax,ukc,unido}!enea!daab!lasse
	ARPA:	decvax!mcvax!enea!daab!lasse at berkley.ARPA
		decvax!mcvax!enea!daab!lasse at seismo.ARPA

Ps: I'm only in it for the *UNIX* ! Ds