shell on UNIX

Matt Verner verner at inuxh.UUCP
Tue Dec 10 02:07:32 AEST 1985

A number of people were interested in knowing what I found out about the
See-Shell for use on the DMD 5620 terminal.  Apparently this was proposed
by an engineer at Bell Labs (I have forgotten the name, sorry) back
in the early 80's.  He wrote up the proposal in memo form and that memo was
referenced in various other documents.  Unfortunately, his ideas never
came to fruition, the propasal never went anywhere...  That is too
bad as judging by the response my simple posting got, it would be a
best seller among DMD owners.

				Matt

				UUCP:  ...ihnp4!inuxc!verner
				AT&T:  (317) 845-3631