Network differences (CERN)

P.A. Layman [EE-Silcon Devices Research] sgcpal at watdcsu.UUCP
Thu Dec 19 05:01:32 AEST 1985

In article <173 at bnl.UUCP> myers at bnl.UUCP (Eric Myers) writes:
>> Incidentaly, The network commonly called BITNET is really three networks..
>> BITNET (US), NORTHNET (Canada), and CERN (Europe).  (I think).
>
>CERN is not a computer network, it is a physics laboratory in Geneva,

Should be BITNET(USA), NETNORTH(Canada), EARN (Europe)

Paul A. Layman

University of Waterloo, Electrical Engineering,
Silicon Devices and Integrated Circuits Research Group (SiDIC)

UUCP:  {decvax|utzoo|ihnp4|allegra|clyde}!watmath!watdcsu!sgcpal