mail to .uucp sites

Jeff Dean jeff at aids-unix.ARPA
Fri Jan 18 07:45:06 AEST 1985

all of the usenet mail we've been seeing seems to
have switched over to the "domain name style" addressing.
what used to be "foo!bar!you" is now "you at bar.UUCP".
unfortunately, those of us who are not on usenet
or uucp have difficulty in responding to messages
with those addresses; with the old (explicit) addressing,
all we had to do was to send the message with the full
pathname through a gateway machine.  is there any way
of achieving the same thing with the new style addresses?

	jd