Has anyone successfully used the "ct" <call terminal> command ?

Michael Brochstein mab at hou4a.UUCP
Thu Jan 10 01:47:23 AEST 1985

	I have been trying to use the ct command for about a week now
and am at the pulling my hair out p.  I have no problem with the
ct command user interface.  It seems to call the desired number and send a
carrier to the called phone number.  The problem is that the terminal that
it calls seems to lock up after receiving carrier.  I first thought it
might be my terminal (a Volker-Craig 4404 emulating an ADM3A) but the problem
also occurs with a HP2621P.  I used a Hayes Smartmodem 1200 in both cases.
Both terminals have no problem originating a login but can't seem to recieve
the output from ct correctly.

	Has anyone out there used the ct command successfully ?  Please
contact me if you have or even if you've had the same trouble I have (so
that I will know that I'm not crazy).

	By the way, my system is UNIX system 5.2 on a Vax 11/780.

	If there is a lot of responses I will summarize to the net.

--
Michael Brochstein     AT&T Information Systems, Holmdel, NJ
ihnp4!hou4a!mab        (201) 834-3482