XMODEM

bill at persci.UUCP bill at persci.UUCP
Thu May 30 00:47:52 AEST 1985

>> 	Anyone out there have a program that emulates the CP/M XMODEM protocol
>> 	for 4.2 ??
>> 				-Larry. (larry at mitre).
>there is a version for VMS (in Fortrash) available from DECUS that most
>likely can be ported to UNIX
>Name:	James Turner
>UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!saber!turner
>	...{amd,ihnp4,ittvax}!saber!turner
There are also two programs written for Unix, umodem.c and uc16.c. I use
umodem fairly often (it uses checksum protocol). I ran into trouble with
uc16.c (CRC protocol), and haven't got it to work yet. I don't know what
its trouble is. If you'd like a copy of either, let me know. And yes, we
are using 4.2 here.

--
Bill Swan 	{ihnp4,decvax,allegra,...}!uw-beaver!tikal!persci!bill