XMODEM

Arash Farmanfarmaian arash at jendeh.UUCP
Fri May 31 19:45:36 AEST 1985

> Oh, come on now.  Let's not go porting FORTRAN to Unix just to use
> XMODEM!

	Porting any Fortran code to a UNIX environmrnt should be termed more
 than 'gross.' The only redeeming value I have ever found found in Fortran is it
 pointing out the speed discreepencies between a VAX 11/750 and a CRAY II. But
 then again we know that Cray's are fast. So what's the point of finding that a
 non-linear programming program imlemented in Fortran takes three days to run on
 a VAX 11/750 but only 20 SECONDS on a Cray II.

			Arash Farmanfarmaian'85
--
Arash Farmanfarmaian
...!allegra!princeton!jendeh!arash

		"Any man who lives within his means suffers from a lack of
		imagination"