Automatically logging in root

jmturn%cca-unix.arpa at CCA-UNIX.ARPA jmturn%cca-unix.arpa at CCA-UNIX.ARPA
Sun Nov 10 22:24:08 AEST 1985

Because a number of things I do on my system require root privilages,
but since I don't feel happy doing normal things in root, I'd like to
have my system console automatically be logged in as root after the
system is through with rc. Since the console (as well as the system and
the only non-dialup terminal) is in my room, I don't feel that this is a
big security problem. Any suggestions how I can do this?

                           Save Your Vertical Blanking Intervals
                           for Big Cash Prizes!

                           James Turner
                           (The Ringworld Engineer)

|   ARPA    | ringwld!jmturn at CCA-UNIX.ARPA        |
|           |  decvax  \                          |
|           |  sri-unix \                         |
|   UUCP    |            !cca!ringwld!jmturn      |
|           |  ima      /                         |
|           |  linus   /                          |