Automatically logging in root

Clifford Spencer cspencer at bbncc5.UUCP
Mon Nov 11 23:40:10 AEST 1985

> but since I don't feel happy doing normal things in root, I'd like to
> have my system console automatically be logged in as root after the
> system is through with rc. Since the console (as well as the system and
4.2 solution:
/etc/gettytab has a field "lo" that specifies the login program to use.
You could just say  "lo=/bin/<SHELL_OF_YOUR_CHOICE>" in the gettytab entry
for console.

sysV:
I don't have a sysV manual in front a me, but you could  put a line in
/etc/inittab that starts an interactive  shell and redirects input and
output from the console.
							-cliff

--
cliff spencer
{harvard, ihnp4, decvax}!bbnccv!cspencer