crontab: Sunday=7, not 0.

Jo Calder jo at epistemi.UUCP
Sat Nov 30 22:19:01 AEST 1985

In article <947 at rlvd.UUCP> mike at rlvd.UUCP (Mike Woods) writes:

>For at least the last two and a half thousand years Sunday has been
>the first day of the week. How on Earth can ISO decide to run
>counter to the whole (well almost) of humanity and announce that
>Monday is the "standard" first day of the week. I find this somewhat
>pathetic.
>
>Mike Woods.
>--
>
>UK JANET:	mike at uk.ac.rl.vd
>UUCP:		..!mcvax!ukc!rlvd!mike

Try telling that to the Chinese.  There are considerably
more of them than there are USENET users, and they all say
a rough equivalent of

week1   ...... week6
Monday         Saturday

Sunday doesn't follow the above pattern, but then nothing
is perfect.

    Jonathan Calder, University of Edinburgh,
    		     Centre for Cognitive Science,
		     2 Buccleuch Place,
		     Edinburgh, EH8 9LW,
		     Scotland
    ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!cstvax!epistemi!jo

You run your mouth and I'll run my business.