crontab: Sunday=7, not 0.

Mike Woods mike at rlvd.UUCP
Mon Nov 25 20:55:32 AEST 1985

In article <100 at noscvax.UUCP> medin at cod.UUCP (Ted medin) writes:
>In article <379 at erisun.UUCP> leif at erisun.UUCP (Leif Samuelsson) writes:
>>If anyone decides to write a brand new version of Unix, then
>>this should be put straight once and for all. It is now over 15
>>years since ISO decided that Monday is the first day of the
>>week. Hence, we can number the days 0-6 or 1-7, but Monday
>>should be first!
>>
> For several hundred years sunday has been the first day of the
>week. Look at any calandar.

For at least the last two and a half thousand years Sunday has been
the first day of the week. How on Earth can ISO decide to run
counter to the whole (well almost) of humanity and announce that
Monday is the "standard" first day of the week. I find this somewhat
pathetic.

Mike Woods.

UK JANET:	mike at uk.ac.rl.vd
UUCP:		..!mcvax!ukc!rlvd!mike