Shells, features and interaction

Mike I'll be mellow when I'm dead Meyer mwm at ucbopal.BERKELEY.EDU
Thu Nov 21 17:32:26 AEST 1985

In article <3387 at brl-tgr.ARPA> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA (Doug Gwyn <gwyn>) writes:
>I hope to post a public domain implementation of "seq" (which
>Rob called "loop" in his example) soon.  Stay tuned.

On most 4.2 systems, there's a tool called 'jot' which is what seq/loop is
all about. Source lives in /usr/src/contrib/tools. These were written at the
UCB Comp Center (*not* the people responsible for 4BSD - thinking that just
makes both groups mad) and are considered to be in the public domain.

I've been given permission by the author to give them away, most notably to
the GNU project. If you want a copy, send me mail. If enough people ask,
I'll post them to mod.sources. Probably get around to sending them to the
GNU project at the same time.

	<mike