System V Documentation/Information

Peyton Yanchurak pwy at pyuxn.UUCP
Sat Nov 30 07:08:39 AEST 1985

I have noted several recent articals requesting information
or documentation on System V Hardware/Software.  Several
useful sources that I have found are:

AT&T Computer Systems Documentation Catalog (select code
300-000) This can be obtained for free by calling
1-800-432-6600.  This lists available UNIX documentation.
The latest issue was is dated July 1985; it seems
to be published about every 6 months.  There is
no automatic distribution (something AT&T could improve on)
so I call up every 6 months to see if the new catalog is
out to order my new one.

$echo Newsletter.  This is put out by the AT&T Software
Sales and Licensing Organization.
New UNIX releases and products are announced here.
Licensing, pricing and business issues are discussed.
One subscription is included with an initial source
license.  The subscription rate is $87 per year.
For more info call 1-800-828-UNIX.

UNIX(TM) System Support & Update NEWS.  This is put out
monthly  by the AT&T Computer Systems Support Center
in Lisle Ill.  It describes bugs and bug fixes,
a list of up comming UNIX courses, technical discription
of various UNIX features and mini tutorals on UNIX features.
Recently covered were a description of the VPM software
and how to emulate an array in a shell script by the use of eval.
One copy of the news letter is included with each CPU
under Level 1 or Level 2 of AT&T software support.
It is possible to subscribe to the news letter
with out a service contract.  A one year subscription
for the first copy costs $240, additional subscriptions
are $60.   Call 1-312-810-6444 for more info.

I am not sure if $echo and the Support and Update News
are available to non UNIX source licensees but I think
they are.

			Peyton Yanchurak
			Bell Communications Research
			pyuxn!pwy