I/O Redirection with the C Shell

Reid Spencer reid at unitek.UUCP
Sat Nov 30 08:02:51 AEST 1985

Does anyone know how to direct the standard output (fd 1) and the
standard error (fd 2) to different places with the C Shell?

For example,  I am trying to generate an index using nroff.  The
index is generated on standard error while the document is
generated on standard output.  Using the Bourne Shell, the command
is:

   nroff -ms document > doc 2> index

There is no equivalent (that I have found) in the C Shell.
Is anyone more enlightened than I am?

Please send mail to me.  If there is enough interest, I will post the
results.

Reid Spencer     ...!ubc-vision!unitek!reid