Mailing articles to oneself for saving

Kenneth Almquist ka at hropus.UUCP
Tue Jan 28 03:43:25 AEST 1986

> In this manner I can then use MAILX (or whatever mailer) and scan which
> messages I want to later. I can simply use the mailers reply feature to
> send mail back to the poster later.
>
> Note: when using the "write to file" feature of VNEWS it does not write
> the header info to the file.

Use the 's' command rather than the 'w' command.  This will save the
header and will also prepend a from line so that your mail reading
program can find the beginning of it.  After you've saved all the
articles that you want to respond to in the file, you can use the -f
option of mailx to cause mailx to read that file instead of reading
your mailbox.
					Kenneth Almquist
					ihnp4!houxm!hropus!ka
					ihnp4!opus!ka  (shorter)