How to make JOVE a PD editor ?? (and notes on other editors)

Doug Gwyn <gwyn> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA
Sun Jan 12 03:24:42 AEST 1986

> 		Monty's Emacs:	Small, and fast. But despite all my
> 				prayers, that one is not PD nor is
> 				it cheap. Even if I paid for it, how
> 				about sources ?? Probably need UN*X
> 				licences and red-tape to go thru.
> 				[I call it Monty's Emacs, as a short
> 				form of Montgomery's Emacs. No insult
> 				or cheap shot meant.]

Montgomery's EMACS is available through the UNIX System Toolchest.
If you have several computers at your installation then it is
relatively cheap; there is a one-time fixed fee (plus communication
charges) that covers all your CPUs, and you get complete sources.
I left my Toolchest price list elsewhere, but I seem to recall that
the fee was no more than $2000.  (If you want to distribute it as
part of a commercial product, then there is a substantially more
expensive sublicensing fee.)