Clock synchronization for local hosts on a LAN

John Quarterman jsq at im4u.UUCP
Mon Jan 13 07:48:48 AEST 1986

In article <2563 at sdcrdcf.UUCP> davem at sdcrdcf.UUCP (David Melman) writes:
>I am interested in implementing a clock synchronization scheme
>for the hosts on our ethernet based LAN.
>If anybody has any experience or comments it would be greatly appreciated.

I've just posted a summary of ARPA Internet network time synchronization
methods to mod.std.unix.  As I noted there, if there is enough interest
I will post the relevant RFCs (specifications) to mod.sources.
--
John Quarterman, UUCP:  {gatech,harvard,ihnp4,pyramid,seismo}!ut-sally!im4u!jsq
ARPA Internet and CSNET:  jsq at im4u.UTEXAS.EDU, jsq at sally.UTEXAS.EDU